Wednesday 3 December 2014

Simple Camera angles


Bird eye/High angle
These angles are used to make the subject seem vulnerable or powerless. This would be useful because if I want my main protagonist to seem controlled by the antagonist then I could use this camera angle to present him with less power than the other subject.

Close Ups
These are used to show the characters reaction, expression and emotion. This helps the audience connect with the subject and draws them into the film. In addition I could use this if I wanted the tension to be heightened between certain characters in the scene I could use this to show anger or fear.

Tracking Shots
This shot could be used in a chase scene to follow the subject through a scene which could create tension. In addition the shot could be used as an establishing shot while retaining the tension build up in my opening scene.

Tilted Angle
This could be used to show a distorted subject much like an alien or a mental man/women because the camera isn't placed perfectly instead its tilt provides the audience with confusion or distortion.

Long Shots
This shot can be used as the establishing shot to show the viewer where the scene is going to take place.

Low Angle
In contrast to high angle shots, low angle shots can be used to present the power of a subject. This would be useful in my thriller because I could make my antagonist look at more powerful at the beginning compared to the protagonist.

POV
This shot shows the viewer exactly what the subject is seeing which allows the audience to experience the action as the character would. This also helps with hiding the subjects identity which helps build tension.

Over shoulder shot
This would be used in dialog between two or more characters so we can see their reaction and speech. Another use is to show subjects behind the main subject creating tension because the audience know they are they but the subject doesn't


No comments:

Post a Comment