Monday 19 January 2015

First Project -180 Degree Rule

The first project that we are aiming to shoot today is the 180 degree rule, which we have already done test shots of shown in previous blog posts. The idea is that after school today we will of filmed the hole 180 degree rule and have it edited by next week. The reason this may be a challenge is because members of our group may be unable to make the shoot therefore we may have to move the day.
Another problem is that I think that the film should be longer and to do this we need a fight or we need to prolong the stare down.

This is a problem because to have a fight I would prefer to use by brother as an actor. This is because although I'm sure that Katy or Mariella wouldn't mind punching me in the face I know that my brother can do it due to the many fight scenes for our films already. The second problem is that to cut out the fight scene to prevent me needing my brother we would have to prolong the stare which would require use changing the storyboard because I don't think that the camera angles used at the moment create enough tension to hold the audience any longer. To overcome this problem I am going to propose to my group that we change some aspects of the storyboard.

To improve the film further I am going to use my own camera with an X-Grip allowing the camera to stay smooth within the last shoot when it is moving around the character. Furthermore I shall be using one of the schools tripods if required to keep the camera dead still. Lastly if we film this after school it should mean clearer audio because the school will be quieter compared with the test shots which had to have music to cover up the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment