Wednesday 5 November 2014

Analysing Texts

While at home I had to analyse a text from OCR on gender in Doctor Who. This was to help me prepare for my exam because I would be asked to analyse a text that I haven't seen before. This mean't that I needed to learn how to analyse effectively. This would further help me within my course work because I want to analyse four more thrillers to get a greater understanding of the codes and conventions that I could either break or use to pushy narrative forward.

To achieve an effective analyses of the text I had to firstly divide my page into four key sections labelled with the following:
  1. Camera Angles
  2. Sounds
  3. Editing
  4. Mise en Scene
These are the four techniques I will always look at before anything else in a text. I would then proceed to divide my page into key sections of the film or where I think theres a change that takes place. This will all allow me to effectively note down my ideas while watching the clip. Furthermore it will help me focus on certain aspects without spiralling off into other ideas that have no relevance. In addition to this, in my course work I will be able to focus on these four aspects and how I want my film to use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment