Monday 3 November 2014

Titanic Essay

In media we had to analyse the film Titanic looking at the use of binary opposition within the film to represent the two characters Jack and Rose.

In my essay I included the key terminology and used certain words to describe what I wanted to say about the scene effectively while wording it clearly making it easy to understand. In addition to these strengths I further clearly understood the key events in the video from the Titanic and understood binary opposites well from the text.

However I could of checked over my work more because my work includes a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes such as duplicate words "the the" which makes my work seemed rushed when it wasn't. Another improvement was my expression in some sentences wasn't clear due to either the sentence being to long or the phrasing wasn't correct. To improve this I could re-word my sentence or take it out and focus on another point.

Furthermore I could improve on my structure within my essay because I introduced a new point in my final paragraph not allowing me to expand on that point. Instead I should of had the point included earlier in my essay allowing me to include the idea but keep my structure. Another improvement is I could of focussed on different binary opposites not just poor and rich.

Overall I think I did well considering that I wasn't at my best due to illness I just have to proof read and construct my answer in a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment